Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fearless '14

So I've never been much of a rap fan but every now and then a lyric or a beat will get stuck in my head. As a result of the wonderful things that have taken place for me today, THAT is exactly what has happened.

Today, I got to experience what it feels like to share a dream, and have folks support and encourage me in that dream. Had I known it would be like this, I would've stepped out a long time ago. Maybe.

For the handful of you who have followed The Dialogue Den since its start back in June of 2010, you know that I haven't done much promoting of the blog, nor was I very consistent.

But I gotta tell ya...when that clock struck 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 2014...SOMETHING happened. SOMETHING in my heart and mind said THIS year, be FEARLESS(and consistent).

So "Fearless '14" is what I've actually named the year.

For too long (most of my life to be exact), I've always been afraid.

Afraid to speak up.
Afraid to try new things.
Afraid that people might not like me if I disagreed with what they thought.
Afraid.
Afraid.
Afraid.

Finally, I've said NO MORE! Fear has had to leave because FAITH has moved in.

So now, I'm stepping out on FAITH (I know that sounds cliché), and I've begun to LIVE. Live a life that's MINE...not a life that I think others want for me. Sure, some of my choices may ruffle feathers but the fact of the matter is...I can't please everybody. You'd think after all these years I would've figured that out by now. But hey, as intelligent as I am, I'm also a "slow learner" and most lessons take me a bit longer to get than others. Better late than never though, so here I am.

Sharing my blog with the world was just the tip of my iceberg. There a so many grand things that I need to do in this lifetime and NOW, I am ready.

Do I regret that I've wasted so much time? Nope.

Regret would only come if at the end of this life I had chosen to do nothing.

Who knows, tomorrow could very well be the end for me (none of us really know for sure), and even if it were, I still wouldn't have any regrets about the time that has passed, because at least...I did THIS much TODAY.

Now for those of you who are new to The Dialogue Den, I'll give you a brief overview.

1. This is a DIALOGUE, NOT a monologue. So I throw stuff out there and would LOVE it if you would talk back to me.

2. I'm not a political blogger, spiritual blogger, relationship blogger...and then again...I could be ALL of those. The posts here are as random as my thoughts, and for those who know me...they will attest that my thoughts tend to be quite random. Simply put, I've got a lot swirlin' around in this pretty little head of mine and it would be selfish for me to keep all this to myself.

3. My writing style is a lot like me...goes with the flow...not too serious. If I place a punctuation mark in the wrong place, or don't have the quotation marks where they should be, or use waaay too many ellipses (I use ellipses a LOT), you can point those things out to me if you'd like, but I probably won't change. Once this stops being fun, I'd possibly stop writing, and since we don't want that to happen (do we), let's just keep it fun and understand that I am a "work in progress".

I think that's about it.

As for the pic that posted...that's my 2014 Vision Board and I LOVE IT! Especially the phrase right smack dab in the middle that says "MAKE IT HAPPEN". You see, I made a vision board for 2013, and it sat on the floor behind a couch all year long. Needless to say, not many (if any) of those visions came to be.

This year is different though. I have that "MAKE IT HAPPEN" staring me right in the face, and as a result, I am DETERMINED to make stuff happen (good stuff, long awaited stuff), THIS year.

"Fearless '14" is gonna be FABULOUS! I just know it!

Oh, and as for that lyric that's been in my head all day, it's from that great rap lyricist, Ice Cube, when he says "today was a good day." Indeed it was!

Let the DIALOGUE begin: What are YOU ready to do that you've been holding back on for far too long? What can I (we) do to help "MAKE IT HAPPEN"?

Talk to me!


Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. I have been guilty of letting fear and worry run my life. I have so easily forgiven others and am extremely hard on myself. I am challenging my fears. I am opening my heart up a little more and I am becoming that person that I am destined to be . I am ready to use my gifts and share them with the world. Peace, love, and blessings to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly learning that fear and worry really have no place in our lives yet they take up sooo much valuable space. That all changes...like RIGHT NOW. Peace, love, and blessings to you too as you become the person you are destined to be. Look out world! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats Dionne! I am happy to hear you are taking the steps to overcome your fear! Live your life to the fulless with no regrets! You will have much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra! I feel sooo ready now. Like the door has finally cracked open and now I'm ready to BOLT right through it. No more fear and no regrets!

      Delete