Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What's It Gonna Cost?

Tonight I drove 20 miles for a FREE item. Now that I think about it, it wasn't really FREE because it was part of a BOGO deal. So I had to BUY one in order to get one FREE. Technically, that means I got 2 for "half off". Hmmm...20 miles to get an item "half off". Maybe I should've thought that one through a little bit.

On top of getting the item "half off", I probably spent more in gas than what the item was actually worth. Hmmm again. Now I'm starting to think that I probably ended up paying FULL price for BOTH items, and maybe a little bit more.

It wasn't anything that I needed, it was simply something that I WANTED. I received an offer via email...it looked good at the time...it expires tomorrow, so...off I went. Looking back, it probably wasn't one of my better moves.

Lesson learned. I'll think twice before I jump at another BOGO offer. That much is for sure.

How 'bout you?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's the farthest you've ever driven for a "FREE" item?

Talk to me!


Til next
time...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a valuable lesson. I have learned that there is a lot that goes into how we spend; our upbringing, past experiences in our life, our defination of money and a host of other factors. Once we name and address these shopping triggers, then we can determine our shopping identify. I often find myself hoarding my money only to later spending it all on invaluable things I don't need. For some reason I feel like I deserve it because I've been so good at saving. I'm not sure why I do this because I can remember doing this as a young person.So just like you, I'm learning valuable lessons with money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Vyry! My experience was a bit of an eye-opener because the thing I drove clear across town for was a bundt cake. Can you believe it! Yes...I left that part out of the post on purpose but that doesn't negate the fact that it happened. I had a "Buy One Get One Free" offer from Nothing Bundt Cakes (I love that place!) and it was going to expire the next day. I knew I wouldn't be able to go on Friday, so I drove 20 miles...for a bundt cake. Clearly, I have issues (with food). But I guess the first step to making a change is to acknowledge the fact that something in fact NEEDS to be changed. So in my case, it was more that just driving miles for a deal...I was driving for something I truly didn't NEED, but absolutely WANTED. Lesson learned though. I won't be doing that again.

      Delete