Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Goodbye 46! Hello 47!!

Today marks my very last day of being 46. Although...if we wanna get "technical"...I'll be 46 until 2:20pm and 59 seconds TOMORROW. But for the sake of keeping things simple...today is the last day.

I gotta tell ya, 46 kicked my arse!

I was unemployed TWICE, had my car (very expensively) towed for the first (and hopefully LAST) time in my life, and...worst of all, my Mom left her life here on Earth and began her eternal life in Heaven.

So tomorrow will be difficult for me, because it'll be the first one without my Mom. It will be the first birthday WITHOUT the special birthday song that she'd sung to me every year for as long as I can remember.

Of all the "firsts" that I've experienced since November 9, 2014...THIS will be the toughest. I love my Mom. I miss my Mom. And although our relationship was not always the best, she was my mother...the one who cared for me, and loved me in her own unique way. It may not have always looked like love, but she LOVED me...this I know.

I wanted to write her a letter. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. There are so many things that I wish I had said before she left. And I don't just mean in the days before she left, but in the months, and years.

Sometimes when I pray, I ask God to give her messages from me. Biblically speaking, I don't think that's how things work, because I don't think she has any remembrance of her life on Earth. So if He gave her a message from me, would she even know who I am? I don't know. Maybe I won't know until I get to Heaven myself. And maybe then it won't matter because I won't remember that I ever had this thought here on Earth.

But...what if?

What if God really does relay messages?

So...I probably will write my letter and ask Him to read it to her anyway. What's there to lose, right?

I will say this...46 wasn't ALL that bad. With the bitter, God blessed me sweet.

When I was down (especially financially), friends and family came to my aid. Some folks I am still repaying, but I am thankful that they were there for me when I needed help.

When I was down while my Mom was sick, and after her life here had ended, friends, family, and especially "Joe" were right by my side to lift me up and encouraged.

And although I was out of 2 jobs, I now have one that I really enjoy. They work me HARD, but I'm glad to be working.

Oh...and there's "Joe". After being "friends" for 12 years, we finally became "more than friends" and I am thoroughly enjoying the journey with him.

So there you have it folks! Happy Birthday Eve to Me! 47...I'm ready for ya! By the way...as crazy as this sounds, I really don't know what 47 is gonna feel like because I never felt 46. Those ages SOUND so old, but I don't FEEL them AT ALL. Maybe 47 is the new 27. That's probably how I'll approach it.

Anywhoo...I am blessed, and as the song goes:

"I've had some good days
I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
And some sleepless nights

But when I look around
And I think things over
All of my good days
Outweigh my bad days
I won't complain..."


Let the DIALOGUE begin: What was your BEST age?


Talk to me!

Til next time...

3 comments:

  1. I just have a feeling that you will ROCK 47!! So here's to the wonderful year to come!!
    Peace and Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best age is the age I am every year as each year I am growing into the woman I'm meant to be, a little wiser, a little better, a little closer to perfect (my opinion of me is great). Happy 47th birthday to you my friend

    ReplyDelete