Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Who said that?

This morning while at work, "Joe" popped into my thoughts (as he so often does).

I was thinking about the rough day that he had yesterday and how I was hoping that today would be much better. Yesterday was a REALLY bad day for him.

I spent most of the evening with him, doing what I could to encourage him and keeps his spirits high. As the night got late he shooed me off to my car, kissed me goodnight, told me he loved me, and instructed me to call to let him know that I got home safely (which I did).

But this morning he remained heavy on my mind. I know that life is full of curve balls but it just seemed like he got hit with more than his share yesterday. I wished there was somethin
g I could do to help. Unfortunately, there wasn't much, except "be present."

There was something about seeing him the way that he was yesterday, hearing the change in his voice, that just made me love him more than I already did. Something in me just wanted everything to be right in his world. And the feeling that I had made me realize that as much as I know I love him, there's always room for MORE. That doesn't mean that I am loving him less than I should because if my love for him were something that could be visibly seen, it would be absolutely overflowing EVERYWHERE. Yet, and still...I grew to love him just a bit more yesterday.

Then I got to thinking about my kiddos. I loved them BEFORE they were born. When they were the size of a pencil eraser...then became "baby bumps"...then got big enough to elbow me in the ribs and use my bladder as a "bouncy bounce". Seems that the love just grew and grew with each phase. Then they arrived...and I got to hold them, hug them, watch them grow. And now...25+ years later, they STILL do things that make me love them even MORE.

The same goes with my friends and family.

There's just something so INFINITE about LOVE. Seems that the more you GIVE...the more there is to be GIVEN.

So all of that made me think of the following...which I Googled and apparently am the FIRST person to ever say these words. So I guess that would make this an ORIGINAL phrase...to be quoted for YEARS, DECADES, and all ETERNITY.


"Every day is an opportunity to LOVE a little more than you did the day before."

Who said that?

I DID!!!

I think it's BEAUTIFUL, and it expresses exactly what I had been feeling. So for my "Joe" and everyone else in my life...I hope you all "feel the love". Thankfully, there's plenty more where that came from.

Now...Let the DIALOGUE begin: What is YOUR favorite quote?

Talk to me!

Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment