Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, July 6, 2015

The POWER Behind the Prayer

Here are ten words that you will NEVER hear me say:

"Pray how you are led and to whomever you will."

WHAT?!? NEVER!!!


Do you know how many evil, wicked, weird things some folks are praying to? Some are praying to inanimate objects. Some are prying to shrines and candles and incense. And some...are praying to the evil one himself. Why...why would anyone ever leave themselves open like that?

Anytime I ask for prayer I am VERY specific and ONLY request prayers that are said IN THE NAME OF JESUS. That's it. In MY life, His name is the ONLY name by which there is any prayer answering power.

A couple weeks ago I had an acquaintaince mention a situation that his Dad was going through. HE...specifically asked folks NOT to pray and instead just "mediate" and "think good thoughts". Seriously?!?

I couldn't do it.

I wouldn't do it.

If YOU are having a situation and I do what I can to help, if praying IN THE NAME OF JESUS is what I believe will help, then THAT'S what I'm going to do. No...you don't have to know that it's what I've done, but I'm sure as heck not gonna sit here and "meditate and think good thoughts". Where is the power in that? All this new age hocus-pocus mumbo jumbo...nope, you can miss me on that.

I don't even know if I want DIALOGUE on this one, but I'll open it up anyway...

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you confessed with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead? If not, I would encourage you to do so. Not later, but right now. This is my prayer for YOU, because I believe that it is what Jesus would want. Amen.

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. Meditate and think good thoughts? what's that supposed to do? confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know. Meditation doesn't do a thing for me but put me to sleep. And "thinking good thoughts"...sure. I mean, I guess that's a great way of "being positive", but I don't know what that really changes. Now praying TO JESUS...actually having a CONVERSATION with Him...THAT does something. He HEARS and He ANSWERS.So HE is who *I* pray to. But that whole, "pray to whoever you want in whatever way you want" mess...I don't want ANYBODY praying for me that way. I'd rather they not pray at all than to pray to "whoever" "however".

      Delete