Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Do Unto Others

This morning, my youngest daughter Jordan and her good friend Imani held their first session in teaching American Sign Language

I decided to attend for a few reasons. 

1. I already knew a little but want to know more. 
2. Their fee was very reasonable ... $10 for a 30 minute session.
3. (and MOST important for me) I wanted to SUPPORT them in their efforts. 

Supporting one another is so very vital. Not just to our young adults, but to all of us in general. 

Too often I have felt the discouragement that comes when I have asked for support with my blog, or with issues that I have going on in life, and my cries have pretty much gone unanswered (except for TWO people who are ALWAYS willing to help. I'll just give their initials..."K" and "T." These two ladies encourage me, even when I make mistakes and wrong choices. They never say, "Well that was stupid!" even though many of my decisions have been. But they provide listening ears and ways to help whenever and however they are able). 

I don't know if folks truly understand how DEVASTATING that is. To ask folks to support you in something that you are passionate about (and in MY case, with regard to this blog, support doesn't even cost MONEY...it just requires the simple pressing of a button), yet folks act like they are unaware, or simply don't care. It's quite baffling.  

So because I know firsthand how AWFUL that feels...I absolutely REFUSE to let any of my children feel that same pain. If I am their ONLY supporter in their endeavors, at least they will always know that they have at least ONE

Last month, my "BirthMonth" as I call it...I posted on my Facebook page how wonderful it would be to get The Dialogue Den's Facebook page to 200 'likes.'
 At that time I think I may have been 18 'likes' away. 

Well...I am GRATEFUL for the 10 new folks who 'liked' the page in July, yet I wonder why it was so difficult for a mere 8 more to have pushed the button. I mean really. What's the problem? Is it ME? Am I that crappy of a writer? I would truly like to know. Out of 600+ Facebook "friends"...there weren't 8 more who thought enough about me to support me in my writing efforts??? That's pretty disheartening when you think about it. 

So no...if there is ever ANYTHING that I can do to make sure that my children ALWAYS know that their efforts are encouraged, then that is exactly what I will do, because NO ONE should EVER feel what I feel. NO ONE. EVER

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you know American Sign Language? If so, let's get together and chat one day...in sign language of course. 

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment