Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Thankful for Leftovers

Last Sunday morning I had intended to go to service at my regular church as that wasn't one of my "visiting" Sundays.

My plans got changed at the last minute and I didn't make it.

My church doesn't have an evening service but thankfully (based on my recent visits), I knew of one that does, so I went there.

The minister spoke from John 6:5-12...you know, the one about the five loaves and two fishes (yes, it says "fishes" in The Bible).

The title of his message was "My Life Is Not A Waste"

Well...that got my attention because mine has been feeling like one lately.

After reading the verses I understood that there were "leftovers" and that the fragments were to be collected so as not to go to waste. What I didn't understand was how those fragments were to tie into my life.

As I listened I wrote down a few points that jumped out at me.

The first was this, "FAITH has nothing to do with FACTS."

Boy, did I need to hear that. I mean...I already knew, but hearing it again just gave me reassurance. You see, if folks were to fully understand my "current situation," they'd tell me that I should be worrying and running around like a chicken with its head cut-off.

Yes, I agree that my "current situation" is not "ideal," and very few (if any) folks would want to be in my shoes right now. Yet my FAITH in Christ tells me not to worry. He already knows what I need before I even ask, and His track record is FLAWLESS. God has NEVER failed me before and I am 100% certain that He's not about to start.

He may not come through for me until I am down to my VERY LAST PENNY, but I know without a doubt that He WILL come through.

And for those who may be wondering...NO...I'm not just kickin' back eating bon-bons waiting for something to "magically" happen in the meantime. I am diligently taking steps to improve my situation. I have simply made a conscious decision to not worry about it.

The second thing that the minister said which caught my attention was that, "the pain in my life is not because God wants to BREAK me; it's because He wants to DISTRIBUTE me so that I can bless others I encounter."

That made my ears perk up because I have been in a number of situations that I felt I didn't belong in. What I later realized is that even though I didn't want to be there, others were blessed by the fact that I was.

So in my "current situation" I pray that I was a blessing to those in my past, and that I can be an even greater blessing (by being "distributed") to wherever God will send me next.

Then the minister tied the fragments into the message. He said that God wants to "get the fragments of my life and bring them all together. He is going to use EVERYTHING I'm going through to be a blessing to someone else."

Like I said before...I needed to hear that. It put things into perspective and left me with a more clear mind-set with regard to what I'm going through at this juncture in time.

As the benediction was given and we proceeded to head to our respective destinations, I knew that missing service at my church was no accident. It was divinely orchestrated and God meant for me to attend evening service where I did. He is an intentional God and makes NO mistakes.

I look forward to gathering up my fragments and sharing them with as many as I can.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: What do you do with leftovers? Do you eat them until there are no more left, or do you toss 'em right out?

Talk to me!

Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment