Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Was It Something I Said?


So I woke up this morning, read my Bible then checked Facebook.

Lo and behold, I saw that my "friend" count had dropped again. *GASP!*

I mean, it's no biggie...but it kinda is...a lil bit.

As I have said numerous times before..."I am NOT everyone's cup of tea. Some prefer coffee."

I know that sometimes the count will drop if a person deactivates their account. Somehow, I don't think that's the case in this instance (nor in the past 5 or 10 instances).

I'm sure that if FB ever came up with a way for us to KNOW who's "unfriended" us, that would only result in a WHOLE LOTTA negative confrontation. But every now and then, I get curious.

I think it would be interesting to know what it was about me (if anything) that made a person decide to "click the button." And that again is assuming that the issue was in fact me.

For the most part, my page is pretty positive.

Lately I've posted a "more than normal" share of butterfly pics as a result of my recent visit to the Natural History Museum in Santa Barbara last week.

I also post notes of encouragement, often to myself as I greatly need them at this particular point in my life.

There's an occasional song, random thought, check-in, and the latest book(s) that I've just read.

For the most part, that's about it.

Oh...and I post "Jesus stuff" because, well...that's just what I do.

So who knows. Maybe one (or all) of the above was enough for someone to say, "Her page is a major 'yawn-fest' so there's no need for me to keep her as a friend." And that is A-ok!

Another factor to consider is that little "ticker" that shows folks what other folks are commenting on and liking. Honestly, I find the "ticker" to be distracting and so I have never had it on. As a result, I have NO IDEA what folks are commenting on or liking unless they are doing so on a mutual friend's page that I happen to be able to see. Otherwise, nope.

But I know that a lot of other folks keep their "ticker" on because the like having visibility into EVERYTHING. So who knows...even though I may not have posted anything "controversial" on my own page, I have some "friends" who have recently and I have liked or loved what they've had to say. Perhaps someone seeing that in their "ticker" disagrees with what I am agreeing with and for that, they've said, "Adios!" I know...I'm overthinking, but again....that's what I do.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm no "Facebook Angel." Yes, I have "unfriended" some folks in my day and very recently did so with about 5. For me it came down to this...if we have been "friends" for "x" number of years, yet you have NEVER liked or commented on ANYTHING I've ever posted...then what's the point? I dunno. Maybe I "Facebook" differently than other folks, but I believe in engaging with others and not just being a "looky-loo" or just having "friends" for the sake of having "friends." So yeah.

Interestingly enough, if FB did come up with a feature where you could tell when you've been "unfriended," I would gladly tell folks why as I just explained above.

Rarely do I "unfriend" someone who's views differ from mine. Quite honestly, I don't think I've ever "unfriended" anyone for that reason. I mean really, who expects EVERYONE to think the same way that they do. That in my opinion would be terribly BORING.

Now I have BLOCKED a couple of folks. One, I won't talk about, and the other was because she was simply TOXIC...at least toward me. To this day she is still friends with many of my friends and either she's not TOXIC with them, or they've just come to accept that that is how she is. I couldn't take it. EVERYTHING she commented on made my stomach knot up. So yeah...she had to GO!

I'm sure that most folks don't give a rat's arse about who "unfriends" them and why. As for me...I'm just curious like that.

One thing that I have found quite interesting in knowing who has "unfriended" me is when I see who has "liked" some of my past profile pics and at the bottom of the list, there they are with the words "add friend" next to their names. AHA! Those are folks once were my "friends" and somewhere down the line decided to bail. They may think that they made a clean getaway, but FB tells all *insert sinister laugh here*.

Alright...enough about that.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: For my fellow Facebook users out there...have you ever been "unfriended" by someone and confronted them about it? If so, how did that go?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment