Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

For Here, or To Go?

This afternoon after work I took two buses to get to the bank and two more buses to get home from the bank.

Although I miss having a functioning car, riding the bus has allowed me great opportunities to "explore" and actually "slow down" that driving my car never did.

This evening I decided to get off at a stop different from the one closest to home. I was hungry so getting off a few stops early put me near a few dining choices.

I chose one, ordered my food "to go" and was going to walk the few blocks home and eat later.

Instead, I took my "to go" meal OUTSIDE and decided to dine there.

It was so relaxing. Just watching cars and people go by. I was in no hurry. So I took my time, enjoyed my meal, and the scenery (see the pic). Then I "walked it off" on the way home.

From that experience came what I am THANKFUL for today.

30 Days of THANKFULNESS: Day 2 - I am THANKFUL for living in a city where I can dine safely and peacefully outside and simply enjoy the moment.

There are places in other parts of the world that are in all types of violent turmoil. Going outside can be a move that can cost one's life. And DINING outside is absolutely unheard of.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time you dined outside at a restaurant? Which one was it? Where was it? I might like to stop by one day.


Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what am adventure. Today, I had lunch with 2 great friends, one who is moving to Texas in 2 days. We ate lunch at the Cheesecake factory at the Topanga mall in Woodland Hills. We ate outside on the patio which I never do. However, it was so calming and relaxing. I really enjoyed it. There was this lady sitting alone and I wondered how it would feel for me to eat alone. So, since I'm off for 2 months I've decided that I will go eat on some patio somewhere and write my book that I keep starting and stopping. I've always wanted to stop by this den but I was afraid too. My cousin thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...first off...THANK YOU for finally stopping by! The Dialogue Den is a very welcoming place and I hope that this was just the first of MANY more times. I'm glad you took a chance on something different and dined outside. Being able to dine and feel an occasional breeze is always nice. As for eating alone...I've done it for so long now, I don't even think about it. I do however remember the first few times I did it and it was quite awkward. I felt like everyone else was watching me. I used to purposefully take a book so that I could focus my attention on that instead of all the folks I just KNEW were watching me. Now...over a decade later, I don't just dine alone...I go to concerts, plays, movies, and anything else ALONE if I have no one else to go with. I have found that "Me, Myself and I" are GREAT company. Now get going on that book. I would LOVE to read it once you finish. If you need inspiration, I highly recommend the book "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I just finished reading it yesterday and it gave me the motivation I've needed to keep moving forward with my writing. I hope it does the same for you.

      Delete