Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

*Sigh*


Two months ago today my car was hit while I was on my way to work.

I was coming out of my driveway as traffic to the left and right me was clear.

I proceeded to go straight, and just before I crossed the intersection, the guy in opposing traffic hit ME as he was turning left. Instead of YIELDING to oncoming traffic as he was supposed to do, he decided to GO, and...here I am.

Because I only had liability insurance coverage, and was deemed to be "at fault" because I was coming out of a private driveway, I had to pay for the damages on my vehicle.

My hood was dented, the front left light was broken, and the front bumper needed to be realigned. As you can imagine, this was pretty costly.

One guy gave me an estimate of $1800 for the repairs. That was waaay more than I could afford.

Another guy (who was recommended by a friend) gave me an estimate of $565.

Quite a difference, and with MY budget, I had to go with the lower estimate. Plus...this guy was referred by a friend. And...he's Black.

Now maybe to most folks that wouldn't mean much. But here in Southern California, MOST auto repair shops are run by Hispanics, and the workers are Hispanic. That's great...and I am sure that they are getting a majority of the business.

So...whenever I can support a Black business, I do. Otherwise...that Black business may go out of business one day. I don't want that. Now I know that my one little repair isn't enough to keep the man's business running...but if it helps, then I've done my part.

Most folks who know me would say that I am one of the most PATIENT people they now. I would agree.

With my car situation though, my patience is running just a wee bit thin.

I dropped it off last Wednesday. Mind you, I would have LOVED to have dropped it off the Friday before that, but he brought to my attention that Father's Day weekend was coming up he didn't really want to work on that weekend, so he asked if I could take it on Wednesday. Why I couldn't have taken it on MONDAY when the weekend was over...who knows.

So...Wednesday it was.

He told me I'd have it back on Saturday. Cool!

Well...Saturday was approaching and he called to tell me that there was a part that was not available as "aftermarket" so he'd have to get it directly from the dealer. Since my car is ten years old, the dealer had to special order the part. Fine.

The part finally came in and he told me that I could pick my car up TOMORROW after 3:00. YES!!!

Nope. Not so fast.

He just called about an hour ago and told me that he forgot about a doctor's appointment that he has tomorrow morning that he can't miss. Told me that he usually paints the cars in the morning, but since he'll be at his appointment he won't be able to paint it until FRIDAY morning.

UGH!!!

As I said...my patience is wearing thin.

I can't fault the man for needed to keep his doctor's appointment. Heck, I know how difficult it is to even GET an appointment these days. And I do hope that all is well. But MAN! What next???

So...another day I wait. It's been two MONTHS already...I imagine one more day won't hurt.

I am praying that nothing else comes up before he is able to fix my car and I can pick it up...not one more thing.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you know a reliable, reasonably priced mechanic who does TRANSMISSION work? I think I need one.

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment