Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Would You?

There's a phrase that folks use when life gets to be too much and they are simply overwhelmed. I'm sure you've heard it before:

"Calgon, take me away!"

Well...that's how I've been feeling lately. I just wanna be "anywhere but here"...at least for a little while.

What's stopping me?

Well...I can't afford to just pick up and leave. I've got financial obligations and whatnot.

And that got me thinking...

It would be sooo nice if I could create a Go Fund Me campaign where folks can donate toward the ever so BENEFICIAL (and much needed) cause of my "Positive Mental Health."

I figured it would work like this...

I have roughly 600 friends on Facebook. If each of those folks contributed TEN dollars...JUST TEN DOLLARS, to my campaign, that would yield $6000 that I would used toward DEVELOPING and INCREASING my "Positive Mental Health."

What would I do with the money? I don't know yet.

Maybe I would use it to catch up on bills. THAT would certainly increase my "Positive Mental Health."

Maybe I would use it to go toward my car repairs. THAT would certainly increase my "Positive Mental Health."

Maybe I would use it as a downpayment or first/last month's rent toward a new home where I can FINALLY have a PET. I want a dog sooo badly! THAT would certainly increase my "Positive Mental Health."

Maybe I would use it to take a much needed mind-clearing trip away. THAT would certainly increase my "Positive Mental Health."

Who knows???

All I know is that it would do me a WORLD of good to have a little help. Ok...$6000.00 is a LOT of help...but I NEED it.

As folks are reading this now though, I'm sure that they are saying, "Well hell, I NEED it too! Why should I give this money to YOU?"

Trust and believe...someone was saying that as they were reading.

And to that question I say again...it's ONLY TEN DOLLARS. If we can't help each other by giving a TEN DOLLAR donation, then what are we to each other. And I'm speaking to society in general when I say that. It's only TEN dollars, but because of the reasons that I would be asking for, folks who can very easily AFFORD it will simply say NO, because MY reasons for needing the money don't line up with theirs.

If I were hungry or homeless, I'm sure that folks would readily and willingly donate the TEN dollars.

But because I need the money to enhance my "Positive Mental Health," which most folks either don't care about, or don't find important enough...they won't donate.

Makes me wonder sometimes when I see homeless people out on the street...how many of them asked friends and family for help...yet were rejected. How many of their lives would have been different if their pool of friends and family had simply donated TEN dollars each to their plight.

I wonder.

What if this TEN dollar request was the difference between life or death. Let's take ME out of the equation for a minute. What if someone else you knew was at the end of their rope, feeling hopeless, and put out this plea as one final last ditch effort...and they gave the same possible suggestions that I listed previously as to what they may do with the money. Would you give it to them? Or would you say, "Hmph! Whatever! You're not gonna take a vacation from life on MY dime (or 100 dimes)!"

Anywhoo...so yeah. If I had the nerve I would seriously create a campaign. I mean, folks have set up campaigns for some really off-the-wall RIDICULOUS stuff. I hardly think that my "Positive Mental Health" falls in that category.

Some folks simply need a break. I NEED A BREAK!

Ponder on that if you will, and Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever donated to a Go Fund Me campaign? If so, what was the cause?

Talk to me!

Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment