Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Lookin' Like Myself Again

Generally speaking, I am a fairly healthy person.

I could stand to lose a good FIFTY pounds, but overall...I'm pretty healthy.

I walk a LOT, which I think is a benefit to keeping "someone my size" from developing illnesses that typically effect "someone my size."

My diet is pretty healthy...meat-wise I only eat seafood (I just started that on June 1st. So far, so good.)

So on the rare occasions when I actually do come down with something, my first plan of attack is to go the "naturally holistic" route. That may come in the form of herbs, juicing, acupuncture, or any of the other "natural" or "Eastern" methods that address whatever may be going on.

Well...as you may recall...a few weeks ago I wrote about the HORRIBLE rash that had developed on my neck. It was EMBARRASSING! The front of my neck, as well as each side, was RED, SCALY, and had begun to OOZE because I'd been scratching. And it was HOT. I'm not gonna lie...it looked NASTY...as in unhealthily NASTY.

I finally got to the point where the itching was unbearable and the oozing was increasing. The next step was INFECTION.

So on the Thursday before last, I went to urgent care and got checked out. Yep...there was DEFINITELY somethin' goin' on with my body...and it wasn't good.

The doctor gave me a prescription with very direct instructions. He said, "With this medication, you should see the skin clear up within a day or two. It will happen that quickly. But...do NOT stop the medication. Keep using it for FOURTEEN days. Even if you think your condition has healed...do NOT stop the medication."

Ok. I got it!

As he predicted, the rash was gone within 48 hours and my skin was back to normal (Praise Jesus!)

Like a good little patient, I am still using the medication as prescribed.

Mind you...I would've LOVED for there to have been a "natural" remedy for what was going on with me, yet I am ever so thankful for the Western medicine that was available and got me back to normal.

So on this day, "30 Days of THANKFULNESS: Day 5" - I am THANKFUL for good medical insurance which made my medication affordable. And I am especially THANKFUL that my skin is back to normal...all nice and silky smooth. ;-)

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: If you have ever tried Eastern medicine, aside from acupuncture, what have you used it for, and did it work?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you were willing to try western medicine and am glad that you found relief from your ailment. I've never tried eastern medicine myself, but my mom once tried some "tea" made by a Chinese herbalist for balance problems. Unfortunately, it smelled like dirt and she only drank it once.

    Leonardo @ U.S. Healthworks Medical Group

    ReplyDelete