Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

In God I Trust

Almost thirty days ago -- May 24th to be exact -- I LOANED a friend some money.

Now if you've been following The Dialogue Den for any amount of time, you know that I was in a car accident on April 29th and was found liable...even though I was the one who was hit. But...that's another post for a different day.

I bring it up though because, since I was found liable, and I only had liability coverage on my policy (no comp & collision), I had to pay for the damages to my car.

Now...if you've also followed The Dialogue Den for any amount of time, you know that I get paid TWICE a month, yet I am only able to "touch" ONE of the two checks. The other goes COMPLETELY to rent.

So...I had a little it of money left to get my car repaired when my "friend" called in DIRE STRAITS needing to BORROW a certain amount of money. Well...wouldn't you know...this "friend" needed approximately $100 less than what I had come up with for my car repairs.

After begging, pleading, and PROMISING that I would have the money RETURNED to me in THREE DAYS...I LOANED the friend the money. I was ADAMANT and made it EXTREMELY clear that I needed the money back in the PROMISED amount of time, because it was my car repair money.

You already know what I am about to say next.

That LOAN was made on May 24th and I have not heard a PEEP from my "friend." Nope. That money is LONG gone. Apparently, it was poor judgement on my part thinking that when a person makes a PROMISE, that they are actually going to KEEP it. At least with regard to this particular individual, the judgment was poor.

I have called.
I have emailed.
I have sent texts.

SILENCE.

At this point, I'm done. Not reaching out anymore.

This "friend" simply has to live with the fact that a PROMISE was made to me, and that PROMISE was broken. Maybe that will mean something to them -- maybe it won't.

Even without that money that I so desperately need returned, I have found myself giving THANKS to God, because He is still providing. No, I haven't been able to purchase every meal that I've wanted -- but I haven't missed a meal either.

Yes, I now have to cancel my cable service because I don't have the extra funds to keep it going right now -- but I still have Internet, so I can watch plenty of other stuff for FREE.

And He has provided in a host of other ways too.

So, where most folks would be ANGRY with my "friend", I simply have pity. Pity for a person who would stoop so low as to take a person's car repair money and not return it -- all the while knowing that the person who LOANED you the money is still taking public transportation to and fro because the car situation is now in limbo. Yes...I have pity for a person who stoops that low because it says a whole lot (negatively) about that person's character (or lack thereof).

I simply can not be angry when I know with 100% certainty that God will provide. He sees my need and He will fulfill it. THIS i know for a fact!

So on this day, "30 Days of THANKFULNESS: Day 9" - I am THANKFUL for God who keeps making a way for me when there seems to sometimes be NO way. He is an AWESOME provider, and His track record is FLAWLESS.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever LOANED someone money that they didn't pay back? Are you still in contact with that person?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. I like the 'this is not sarcasm' part; otherwise I would have mistaken your story for one big sarcasm. Anyway, I'm among the many who believe that every act of kindness is rewarded somehow. The reward can be direct or indirect as was your case. One thing though, helping others shouldn't be motivated by what we expect in return but empathy. Glad you are okay, though.

    Madonna Gentry @ SVS Auto Care

    ReplyDelete