Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Just Keep Posting. Just Keep Posting. Just Keep Posting, Posting, Posting...

Somebody hand me a tissue...I think I'm about to cry!
I had just finished writing today's post about a completely different topic than this one.

As soon as I posted it, I had an urge to check and see how many more posts I had to go before reaching 600. I knew I had to be close. Well wha'da'ya'know...THAT WAS my 600th POST!!!

WHOA!!!

Once I realized that, I knew I had to start over and write THIS one.

600 POSTS!!!

May not mean much to any one else, but to ME...WOW!

This blog, The Dialogue Den, has been like a fourth child.

I haven't tended to it as well as I should have. At times I have been neglectful...going WEEKS...maybe even as long as a MONTH without posting. The reason...was DISCOURAGEMENT. I had periods where I simply felt like NO ONE was reading. And since this blog was created to spark DIALOGUE, it became disheartening when there was no outside interaction. I was simply talking to MYSELF. The DIALOGUE felt more like a MONOLOGUE.

Here lately, more folks have commented. To each and EVERY one, I say THANK YOU!!!

I still have for more posts WITHOUT comments, than those WITH. That's okay.

I finally came to the acceptance and realization that even if I am only writing to "An Audience of One", I must continue. That "Audience of One" is God. He is the one who gave me the desire as a very young girl, to write. So I must HONOR what He gave me.

On the days when I don't write...I don't feel right. I become restless. Writing is my therapy (although thankfully much cheaper). Good day, bad day, otherwise...I pour it all out right here...and feel so much better after.

I still wonder why it's been so difficult to get folks to support me in my writing efforts. I'm not talking strangers. I'm talking about folks who actually know me. I've made numerous pleas on Facebook...simply asking that they "like" the page. Doesn't cost a single solitary penny...just "click the button" PLEASE. That's all. That one simple (yet HUGE) act of support would mean so very much to me. It would mean that folks have faith in what I am doing and want to see me do well with it. After all...that's what friends do, right?

I have other friends with blogs and I admit...my style is quite different from theirs.

One writes a lot about female empowerment...knowing and exploring one's body. Loving "freely", and things of that nature.
The other writes in flowery philosophical prose.
I, write about anything and everything.

The beauty of us ALL is that we do not HAVE to write in the same manner. Our writing styles are as unique as each of us are. So there's a little somethin' for everyone.

Anywhoo...I am proud of myself and my accomplishment. 600 posts have been no easy feat. To YOU, my fellow Dialogue Den'er...I THANK YOU for reading. Maybe you pop in occasionally...maybe you read EVERYDAY. Either way...I want you to know how greatly appreciated YOU are.

I am very excited about the future ahead. One day, SOMEONE is gonna land on this blog and say, "Hey...this chick's got skills. I like the way she thinks. Let's work with her." THAT'S the day that I look forward to. That's the day that I must continue to BELIEVE is coming. Until then...I will keep writing.

Now...enough about me. Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you have a blog? And does it have a Facebook page? If so...how 'bout YOU "like" mine, and I'LL "like" yours. Deal?

Talk to me!

Til next time (post # 601)...

No comments:

Post a Comment